Description of the article « BROWN FILTER BAG »
BROWN BAG WATER FILTRATION BAG
The Brown bag is a canvas water filter. It is easy to use and carry. It can be used alone as a highly efficient water filter.
Made of ultra-strong military canvas, without chemicals.
The Brown bag is also effective when used with a combined filter/purification system as a pre-filter to prevent clogging and extend the life of the filter system. Micropur Katadyn filter pads MSR, Katadyn, Lifestraw...
The bag is approved by SAS survival legend John "Lofty" Wiseman.
The filter bag will allow you to make water drinkable in a two step process. 1st filtration and 2nd purification.
The brown bag can be used for the first step of water safety, filtration. It is designed to filter turbid or dirty water. Turbid water is water containing suspended sediments such as sand, mud, silt or organic matter.
Removing sediment is essential because it provides hiding places for pathogens in the water, such as viruses, bacteria and parasites. If sediment is not removed, it is known to reduce the effectiveness of chemical purification treatments on these pathogens. In addition, if sediment is not removed, it can disrupt your digestive system.
It is compact, lightweight, very durable, virtually unbreakable and has unlimited filtering capacity. Because of its compact size and light weight, it can be easily stored and carried in your daily kit.
Before using your brand new Brown bag on your next trip, expedition or adventure, it is essential that the new bag be broken in first. The fibers and weave of the canvas must be loosened and opened to maximize its performance.
How do you use your new Brown Filter Bag?
1. Saturate the bags in water, run the water through the bags to make sure they are completely wet.
2. Then be rough with them! Scrub, massage and squeeze the bags. This will help soften the fabric and open the fibers.
3. Repeat the process 3/4 times, letting the bag dry in between.
4. You can also put the bags in the washing machine. Place in a clean washing machine on a cold rinse cycle with no detergent or fabric softener. Always remove the paracord before placing it in a washing machine.
How do I use the brown filter bag?
Once you have found a source of water to filter, make sure you can hang the bag from the moment it is filled with water. You can use a tree, a tripod or a vehicle for example.
1. Start by carefully soaking the bag in water, massaging the water through the bag to make sure it is saturated.
2. Fill the bag to the top with water to be filtered. It is sometimes helpful to use a cup to collect the water to fill the bag to the top.
3. Let the water in the bag flow to the sewn line that runs across the front of the bag, approx. ¼ of the way into the bag. Do not collect this water, let it run down to the ground. This helps clear debris from the outside of the bag and keeps it from falling into your pan.
4. It takes 5-10 minutes for the water to pass through a personal size bag. A group size bag will take several hours to filter. When using a group size bag, a good technique is to allow it to filter overnight. You will then have a supply of filtered water ready to be disinfected the next morning.
5. Once the water has been filtered, it must be purified. Although it may look clean, it may contain pathogens that must be removed by purification. Water can be purified by boiling it, adding chemicals or using a purification system. You can use the Lifestraw filtration tablets or gravity bag.
After each use, turn the bag upside down and remove accumulated sediment and debris. You can wash it with clean water or let the bag dry, which allows you to remove the dried sediment once it is dry. A nail brush is also effective in removing dried sediment. Make sure the bag is thoroughly cleaned and dried before storing it for your next adventure.
Specifications of the article « BROWN FILTER BAG »
More of the article « BROWN FILTER BAG » You would also love...
BROWN FILTER BAG is not currently available.